I use the word tolerate, just because Autumn takes me to a very long
and dreary Michigan winter, otherwise I would say I love Autumn-it is
my favorite season. I compare it to a beautiful woman, who may not be
as young and perky as Spring and Summer, but who is confident and
happy with herself. And here are few of my favorite things that help
me get ready for that other season....
1) Cider Mills, Pumpkin Patches and Corn Mazes,
2) Never-ending pallet of the most beautiful colors created by nature,
3) Crisp, fresh air without humidity ( don't even think that I am
complaining about Summer - never !)
Here are a few other things I am looking forward to
that will help me tolerate Fall:
Not to mention that Fall is full some of my favorite holidays, during
which it is quite possible that we will be suffering from overeating
and over drinking.
1) Rosh Hashanah - Jewish New Year, we do nothing but eat, eat and
eat some more.
2) Yom Kippur - the day of remembrance and forgiveness we don't eat
at all - we fast- but only for a day and believe me after all the
Russian Jewish food I will have for Rosh Hashanah, one day of fasting
is not enough!
3) Thanksgiving - we eat and eat and eat some more!
... and just like that, after Thanksgiving my beautiful confident Fall will become wicked and bitter old Winter (brrrr).