I have two single girlfriends who, from time to time, have tried their luck at the web dating service. I will not go into horror stories of web dating, but before I started my writing relationships on the web – aka – WordPress , I was very skeptical of all Internet-based relationships, so what I did in the beginning was just simply used pen and pad to write down my thoughts (“what thoughts?”- my kids ask). The problem with the old-fashioned way was that after I was done writing with a pen and a paper, I was then typing the same thing on a word-perfect document and would send it out to my girlfriends for their approval. After their woos and wows I was satisfied to know that they love my writing…..
…..Clearly I needed more loving, but was still afraid of the Wide World Web. To make a long story short I signed up for WordPress a little over a year ago and to my surprise and delight I’ve met the most wonderful people and to my disappointment not one creep has cyber-hit on me yet.
1) I have a list of books to read, and it will probably take me a few years to get to all of them. (thank you for all the reviews!)
2) I think my English has improved, but it’s for you to decide.
3) I am learning a new
language dialect – Southern, that is. (thanks Totsy!)
4) I’ve stopped watching TV, well almost stopped watching it, but by not watching TV I somehow became addicted to “Chopped“. I am not sure if it’s a pro or a con….
5) Blogging keeps me away from the Internet shopping, I no longer have a desire to spend time searching for the stupid things I will not need or will I ever use.
6) The best of all I’ve met the most amazing group of people, who take me on their journey of reading and writing all the way from Australia to England, from South Africa to Paris, from Russia to America.
1) My tush is one size larger from last year, due to all the writing and reading I do in front of my PC.
2) I pay a little less attention to my hubby, because I have a real hobby now and that is Blogging!
3) I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about what to blog about it in my next post and whether people are not going to like my gibberish…
What about you guys? What are your pros and cons of blogging, do you have any?
P.S. I am no longer afraid of web-based relationships…… as longs as it involves writing/reading/blogging.