This is my last post of 2011, (can you believe it!)… and right before I dive into it, I would like to thank everyone who stuck around with me, supported me and never, ever criticized me.
It’s the time of year again when some of us look back to see what was accomplished within the last 12 months. I am not any different, except for the fact that I have the list from last year .
So let’s see how good or how bad was I:
1. Celebrated 2011 New Year in Mexico – done!
2. My hubby and I celebrated our 20th anniversary living in America and ironically did it in Mexico.
3. Hmmmmm, reading more books with my younger son – definitely tried, but then he is old enough to read by himself.
4. My older son finished with college – our last check for his BA was cashed in November, he moved back home and hopefully if everything goes as planned he will be in school again getting his MA next September.
5. My mom stopped wearing her hearing aid completely and I stopped fighting with her about it. I now scream from the bottom of my lungs for her to hear me.
Everything else on the list does not matter, if it did or didn’t happen, who cares. I know some of you will argue that this was a terrible year – earthquake and tsunami in Japan, earthquake in Chile, earthquake in New Zealand, I could go on and on about how terrible this year was for our economy, politics and whatnot, but the truth is, it was a wonderful year for me and I don’t want to complain really.
I am looking forward to 2012 and hope that it will be better than the one we are leaving behind. Many of us believe that this will be the year when everything ends, I say to them: we survived for 5771 years (Hebrew calendar) and we are here to stay for at least another 5771 years.
Here are few things I am looking forward to:
1. January – Celebrating with my friends and family (by now you already know it will be a wild celebration – not really.) Skiing and snowboarding is hardly wild.
2. February – attending Anthony Bordain’s show, who is finally coming to Detroit.
3. March – My younger son’s BarMitzvah – actually I am looking forward to a day after his Bar Mitzvah, when all the craziness will be done with and all the guests will go back home (shhhhh). In case you miss it here is who (in moderation) I will be by the time I will be done with all the preparations for Max’s Bar Mitzvah Party.
5. May – my birthday, believe it or not the big one is coming up this year, and even though I’m getting older, inside I am still a kid, who is looking forward to a party.
7. July – upcoming trip to Alaska – I can’t wait!!!
9. September – my older son starting new school(well, he better, otherwise he’s moving out!)
I have not thought about the rest of the months, but I guarantee you, they will be great ……and of course in my plans for the New Year is to write, write, write!
Have a wonderful New Year everyone! Thank you for sticking around!